Augie Chang Photography: Tahoe

Monday, January 08, 2007

Tahoe

I always look forward to this time of the year. Winter allows me to do one of my favorite sports - snowboarding. Every winter, I make numerous trips to Tahoe with my buddies. Either one-day trips or multiple night stays, as long as I get to be in the snow, I really don't care how long the trip is. I have so much love for the sport. It is so free when you carve down the nicely groomed trail on your own board. I can't even explain.

This was my car when we got up there. Ah....clean huh?!


This weekend, I took 4 days off to visit Tahoe with my family and friends. We stayed at this beautiful condo next to the Lake. It was LITERALLY next to the lake. It was the condo, then a 10 feet walkway, then the lake. It was amazing! The first thing you see walking into the condo was Lake Tahoe and the many mountains next to the lake. I was in awe. I knew at that point, this weekend was going to perfect.

Here is the view from the condo:



My boys and I out by the lake:


We arrived on Friday and first thing we did was hit the Tahoe Safeway for food! We bought a ton of food. Anything you can think of :) hey, what is a vacation without junk food right?!



On Saturday, I headed up the slopes. I was able to snowboard with my buddy Keith. We even met up with my other buddies from the bay area! The crowd was NOT bad at all, so we were able to get about 30 runs in throughout the day. The weather was PERFECT, 35 degrees, no wind, sunny...I think I even got a tan :)

Sunday, I spent the entire day with my kids. We went to the snow park. There was a sled park that Calvin wanted to go, so we brought along our sleds and hiked up the slope. Ouch!! very ouch!! we had a cheapo sled, so everytime we go down the hill, the bumps on the hill will hit my butt! Either the sled is cheap, or I have a boney butt :)

Here is a picture of Calvin's friend Simone. Isn't she beautiful? She is going to be a heartbreaker one of these days...hopefully not my sons'!

Overall, it was an amazing little trip. I enjoyed myself tremendously. I will head up again soon! Any boarders out there?!?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, what an awesome location! I gotta make up there with you one of these days.

Anonymous said...

Love the snow! I was just up in Yosemite a few weeks ago. It was beautiful. Your kids are so cute. Have a great time, and don't tell Gene where you are!