Augie Chang Photography: Melissa & Eric - Santa Cruz

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Melissa & Eric - Santa Cruz

Did I tell you how much I LLLLLUUUUUUVVV what I do? and here is why...

Melissa and Eric were introduced to me by my previous bride Yvette. Yvette got married a few years ago and I documented her wedding day at Stockton CA. Melissa and Eric are close friends of Yvette and Ed. Melissa and Eric decided to have their engagement session done at Santa Cruz, where they spent a lot of time together.

The weather in Santa Cruz was sooooo gorgeous today. It was about 68 degrees with no wind. We met up at the boardwalk where the rides are. Since it is on a Tues afternoon, most of the ride were closed. The good thing about this is that the area was pretty quiet. We were able to do a lot in a short amount of time.

This is the first time that I shot at the Santa Cruz boardwalk area. What a treat! There were so many colorful walls and fun things around. Ideas were flowing as I shot for them.

After the shoot, Melissa told me how much fun she had. She said that she is not the type of person that displays affection in front of others. I was completely shocked since Eric and Melissa were wonderful during the shoot. They hugged, they kissed and even made each other laughed. They were pros! I couldn't tell they were not the PDA type of people. I was flattered when Melissa told me that I made her feel at-ease during the shoot so displaying a bit of PDA was not an issue for her ...awwwwww...thanks Melissa.

So back to the original question...Why do I love what I do? Well, how many people can say that they can spend a sunny day at work on a beach? well, I can. I spent my day in Santa Cruz with a wonderful couple. We even had great seafood lunch at the wharf. We talked, we got to know each other, caught up with life. They weren't just clients, they were friends :) Now I can't wait to shoot their wedding.

I am sooo blessed to be able to live my dream as a photographer :) Thanks to all of you that support me and my work throughout the years.






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe you got Melissa to RELAX and smile!!! Usually when i see her in pics, she's always "hiding" behind Eric :) Great shoot!!