Augie Chang Photography: Avery & Henry

Monday, July 09, 2007

Avery & Henry

Most of my weekdays are filled up with children sessions. I especially love working with children as the shoots always remind me of my 2 boys :) It takes a certain skill to take children photography. Patience of course is important, but most of all, one needs to interact with the children and bring out their natural behavior.

Avery is 2.5 and she wanted nothing to do with the camera (very normal). So one thing kept going around and around in my head was, how can I get her to smile in front of my camera. I decided to leave her alone and hopefully she will come around. I worked with her brother Henry for a bit, then refocused myself on Avery. No luck. She didn't want me to shoot for her. This happens ALL the time. It is my job to find ways to get her to smile, have fun...and maybe snap a few pictures in the way.

At the end, we had everyone moved into the house. It was only Avery, her dad and I out at the porch. We talked to her about Max (her lil' stuff doggy) and what she wanted Max to do. This took the attention away from pictures. We talked, laughed and I even shot a few pics in between. She had a GREAT time laughing and smiling. Look at the pictures below! They turned out GREAT!










This is Henry. Henry is Avery's brother. He just learned how to sit up. How cute! He did so well during the shoot.


Sometimes, I like these crying pictures :)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Augie. You are simply the best kids photographer. So proud of ya ~ - Annie