Augie Chang Photography: Chef

Monday, March 31, 2008

Chef

65 degree and sunny, finally some "California" weather in the Bay Area. Been a while since I've seen a day like today.

I have always enjoy cooking. Cooking is a survival skill and not a luxury in my opinion but hey you can get by these days with no cooking what-so-ever. Thanks to instant meals and packaged food from stores like Whole Foods.

Ever since I was 5, my father taught me how to cook eggs for breakfast. Following lessons on eggs, I graduated to cooking instant noodles at the age of 6. My parents enjoy cooking so I think that is where I got it from. One time in my life, I thought about owning a restaurant. What a dream that was! My dream immediately shattered after I read the book Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. I think the reality of owning a restaurant hit me like a ton of bricks so I decided that going to a restaurant is going to be a lot more fun than owning one :p

Anyhow, a day like this, my desire to cook oozzies out from everywhere. I bought some chicken from the store and tossed them on the grill this evening. Yummmmm......




3 comments:

Aimee said...

smokin! yum :]

Anonymous said...

looks yummy!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm hungry!