Augie Chang Photography: WPPI 2008 Pictures

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

WPPI 2008 Pictures

I am finally back in the Bay Area today. Wow, WHAT-A-TRIP! There were so many vendors at the show. The showroom floor was PACKED with new and old album vendors, camera vendors...etc.

I found something that I really like and will be offering in 2009 (maybe my 2008 customers too! - stay tuned). 3 nights of back to back socializing, hitting the trade-show, attend talks, of course to Gene's Young Gun talk on Sunday night too. I made new friends and strengthen my existing friendships.

Next year, WPPI is going to be held at the MGM, even bigger! I can't wait to see you all there :)

Here are pictures to share (please note: all pictures were taken by my little Canon Digital Elph)

Of course, my good friend Beverly


Gene and I met up at the Mandalay Bay Penthouse party after the Sunday night Young Guns talk. The place was a mad house. All of the talented photographers in the US were there. I was in-awe!


Jules and I knew of each other through Ann and Gene, but this was our very first meeting. She is such a great fun gal - with a ton of energy too!


Cheers Ann!


John and my new buddy Jen Skog (like vogue)


Hey Skog! we forgot to put the red-eye reduction on!!! :)


The Bay Area crew: Jesse, John, me, Justin and Gene


My new friends! Colin (San Luis Obispo) and Aimee (Arizona)


Ha, this one is funny, we were trying so hard to get everyone in the frame. Here's me, Michelle from MB, Angelica (from NYC!!) and Justin.


Aimee and I


Gene showing off his new business cards...they are nice!




I met Jasmine (in LA) last year at WPPI 2007. I've admired her work and her personality. Finally got a chance to run into her and took this pic.


My good friends in the Bay Area, Ricky from Wphotography and Hy Studio


Joel and I


Here is the "Jose Villa" crew. Jose, you are such a true artist! you go boy!


Jason G (NYC) and Aimee. Jason, I'll look for ya when I am out in NYC!!!



Matthew, Ricky and I shared a room the first night (with 3 beds of course...stop those dirty thoughts guys!!!). I didn't get a room that evening because I had no idea I was going in Sunday night! I had to attend Gene's talk so I flew in early for it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, Gene Higa! I love his work and his generosity with answering all my crazy photography-related e-mails! Yes, I'm his loyal blog stalker and now I'm yours as well. =)

Aimee said...

Priceless! Can't wait until next year!

jason groupp said...

Yo Yo!! Great meeting you out there! See you in NYC!