Augie Chang Photography: "It is like riding a bike again"

Monday, June 23, 2008

"It is like riding a bike again"

Sure you've heard of this saying before... this is exactly how I felt today when I got back on my bike for the first time after months (I mean months!). Although I am not overweight, this does not mean I am fit. Lately I have not been eating too healthy. I am eating WELL, but not healthy, as you can see from my previous posts :) So I want to get back into the routine of working out again. I used to be very active (between running on a treadmill and biking), but after 2 kids and a full time business later, working out has been put on the back burner for quite some time. I am still somewhat active, but not as much as I would like. I want to make sure that I get enough cardio exercise in. Even though I do yoga twice a week, I still need some exercise which works my heart. As I get older, I noticed that I am getting lazier. I think it is normal (ok, that maybe an excuse).

As a wedding photographer, we are on our feet most of the day so keeping fit is definitely part of the business. It is important to have stamina because our cameras are literally 8+ lbs with everything on them. Sometimes I wish I can shoot with a point-n-shoot :)

No comments: