Augie Chang Photography: Day 2: Rome continues

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Day 2: Rome continues

Another rainy day in Rome. The rain didn't dampen our mood, we just told ourselves "hey! who cares, we are in Italy! Just enjoy it!"

We decided to visit Vatican and the Colosseum. The Vatican was massive like how we remembered but this time, we enjoyed holy location in a very different light. First of all, there's a new Pope. Second of all, I've been to so many Catholic weddings (and am a Catholic myself) in the last 10 years that I have a higher appreciation for the religion. There, we met two very nice people from the U.S. and New Zealand. Although it was a short meeting, we already exchanged contact information and decided to be online friends :-) how wonderful is the new online age!

Next stop Colosseum. Nothing has really changed since the last time we visited (1997). I guess if this place has not changed since AD400, I don't expect it to change now in AD2009 :-)

Thanks my new New Zealand friend Felix for taking this photo! beautiful!




Beautiful stair ramp at the end of the Vatican Museum tour.




Do you really think I am not going to do a jumping shot?





It was difficult to get this Sistine Chapel shot (left), but I managed shooting at 6400 ISO.




2 comments:

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

I LOVE the staircase photo!!! Hope you guys are having a great anniversary trip!

Randhir Vieira said...

We are living vicariously through you and the pictures, so keep posting!!

Love the pictures.