Augie Chang Photography: Day 4: Pisa (Peeeeesa)

Friday, April 03, 2009

Day 4: Pisa (Peeeeesa)

UPDATE - Many of you have asked through email what lens I used throughout my trip. I brought 2 lens with me, a 50mm 1.2L and my 16-35mm 2.8L. That's it. Most of the area shots are done with my 16-35mm.

I had no idea how long it takes to go from Siena (where we are staying) to Pisa. I thought it was a skip and a hop, but instead, it took me 2.5 hr each way!! Not visiting Pisa was not an option since 11 years ago, May and I missed it and we agreed that no matter what, we are definitely checking out how slanted it is in real life.

It was worth the trip I must say. Although the town was not all that impressive, the tower and its neighboring church is amazing. The tower leans more in real life compared to pictures. No idea why.




I am such a dork some times :) I love it! It was so much fun.



On the way back, we took the scenic route, so I can enjoy taking some nice "Tuscany-ish" pictures.





This is outside the garden of our hotel. It is beauuuutiful.






1 comment:

Maria Navarrete-Leyva said...

These are just amazing!! Hopefully I get to take some equally geeky shots in Italy soon! :)