Augie Chang Photography: 4/6/08 Workshop

Sunday, April 06, 2008

4/6/08 Workshop

Today was my very first Sunday workshop. There were 8 enthusiastic participants ranging from beginners to almost professional. We started the day by getting to know each other, hanging out at my kitchen eating breakfast. Since this was my first 8 participant workshop, I was a bit worried about timing. I wanted to make sure that we were on track no matter what. Well, it turned out that I didn't have to worry. We finished on-the-dot. We had lunch at Fuzio, then headed to Blackhawk plaza for a "live" shoot. I invited one of my model friends Viola to come work with my participants. She was such a trooper since the weather was pretty chilly, but she still looked good for all of us in her little sun dress. We finished the day with an one hour critique session back at my home studio. What a GREAT day!

Thanks all for coming to my workshop! I look forward to seeing more great pictures from you!








My 8 "students". Jolly as can be :) From left to right, we have Gallant, Atsushi, Anu, Kevin, Shane, Michael, Tyler and Patrick.


Thanks to Tyler, he took some "behind the scene" pictures for my blog! You are awesome Tyler! love these pictures.






Here is Viola (our model for the day!). Doesn't she look AMAZING? She is such a hottie!! Thanks Vi for helping out!!







We had such a great time, can you tell?

5 comments:

Candid Eye said...

Augie, thanks for an awesome workshop! I learned a lot, and will be definitely applying your photography tips! Lighting is sooo important! -Kevin

PDiddy's Blog said...

It was great meeting fellow newbies and learning what capabilities our camera's can give us. What I got from the class will definitely be applied to how I shoot from now on. The class was well worth it it for anyone wanting to learn how a DSLR camera works. Thanks Augie!!

Dustin and Aimee Hatcher said...

Hey Augie!
My boyfriend Dustin and I love your work and we are so much interested in attending your workshop. When is the next one?

Unknown said...

Hi Augie,

As the saying goes, "You Can Teach An Old Dog New Tricks." There is always different and new to learn. Thank your for the conversation on the wedding business and tricks and tips on a faster way to do post production.

For anyone visiting this blog and if you are interested in expanding your knowledge of photography and using your SLR camera, I would strongly recommend Augie's workshop. If you are as lazy as I am in reading the photography user's manual, this workshop is basically a live version of it and much more.

It's an incredibly fun and friendly way to educate yourself the many features and advantages of the digital photography world. Plus, you get to shoot a live model.

Augie is a natural instructor.

aerialsoul said...

Thanks again Augie for the class. So much great info to absorb and a great environment to learn. Highly recommend spending time with Augie to learn even just a little of what he knows!!

My pics from the class are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aerialsoul/sets/72157604479985637/

I was pretty heavy handed with the delete key and still posted 41 images. No post processing though - no corrections or crops. Just the shots.