Augie Chang Photography: Offsite "Meeting" with Joella and Mike

Friday, April 25, 2008

Offsite "Meeting" with Joella and Mike

Not often do I get a request like this...

Joella and Mike are big time snowboarders, so when they signed with me a few months back, they had this great idea of having their engagement pictures done at Tahoe. As you all know, I am a big time snowboarder as well, so when I heard about this opportunity, I jumped on it immediately. I thought that was a genius idea.

We met up first thing in the morning and spent 3 hours driving up to Squaw Valley. We had so much to talk about in the car that the 3 hours just zooomed right by me. We talked just about anything and everything.

We reached Squaw at around 10am and started our shoot immediately. The weather was more than perfect. Sunny and around 40s. The night before, we had approximately 5-8 inches of new snow, so the ground is still covered in a thin layer of fresh powder. I was speechless. I had such a great time shooting at this location. Not often do I get to shoot in Tahoe. The scenery is just amazing!

After the shoot, we had lunch at one of the restaurants in the Squaw village, then spent the rest of the day on the slopes boarding. It was soooo much fun! Joella and Mike is such a sweet couple. I feel so close to them after a day out with them. How can you not love them?! I feel so blessed to have clients like them. They are truly real! I can see myself having them as friends for good.

Joella and Mike, I CANNOT wait to shoot your wedding this coming June.


















At the end of the day, I suggested that we take a jumping picture together. It was such a blast!


What a happy couple they are!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are amazing Augie - so expressive...not to mention uber-sharp!