Augie Chang Photography: Workshop?

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Workshop?

I always get inquiries about whether I offer workshops. I've done a few workshops in the past and I had a great time doing it. I tried to keep my workshop fairly small. The largest one that I had was 5 people. I think it works out so much better because you really get that one-on-one attention. I startout the day with discussions around cameras, composition, f-stops, exposures...etc (aka lecture), then have lunch with my workshop friends. After lunch, we usually do an outing where we shoot either a model or objects. Usually I will assign a theme where the workshop attendees will have to follow. After the "free shoot", we get back together and critique the pictures. It is so much fun. People end up not wanting to leave!! :)

I have been thinking about offering workshops again. Since I am 100% digital, I may add in a section on my digital workflow so you know what I do after a long day of shoot. Do you think this is something you will be interested in? Let me know via the comment section of this blog!!

No comments: