Augie Chang Photography: Le Papillon Gathering

Monday, May 26, 2008

Le Papillon Gathering

Le Papillon is not only a great restaurant nestled in Saratoga, but it is also one of the BEST catering company. Their food is delicate, beautiful and most of all, tasty!! I cannot even find words to describe Le Papillon's food. The first time I had their food was at a wedding they did in the Kohl Mansion. I was immediately hooked.

Yearly, Mike (owner of Le Papillon) invites people in the industry to join in for a lunch/dinner gathering. This year, no difference. Generous Mike invited close 60 people (a guess) to this event. From photographers to florists to coordinators. What a treat to see everyone and meet new ones!

This is the salad I had. Delicious octopus salad:


Then followed with tender duck breasts cooked medium (just the way I like it ... yum!)


Then ended the beautiful afternoon with a fruit tart.


Here is the owner Mike with his awesome chef.



OK, I had to take this picture with the great photographer Todd Rafalovich. I NEVER see this guy in any social events, so when I have a chance to see him, I don't take it lightly ;)


Fellow photographer Jay and I


More photographer friends...here is Phillipe and his wife.


My good friend Beverly from Especially Yours Chair Covers


Jay's assistant Jennifer. Met her this evening.


The famous Linda Hylen from Julia Morgan Ballroom in San Francisco


Beverly and coordinator Jubilee from Jubilee Lau Events


Fellow photographer Deanna reached out to me a few months ago about how to establish a new web site and such. We had a great talk then but never met each other. We were both shocked when we ran into each other at this event.

No comments: