Augie Chang Photography: On a flight to Japan .... weeeeeeee!!!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On a flight to Japan .... weeeeeeee!!!



I will be out of the studio traveling through Japan with my wonderful couple Joella and Mike. They will be holding a small "wedding gathering" there in Nigata (small town). After their visit to Nigata, where most of Mike's family members are, we will be touring around Japan (from Nigata, to Tokyo, to Osaka, to Kyoto to Yokohama). What I am most excited about is I will be doing Joella and Mike's wedding portraits in the middle of Tokyo. I have tons of ideas that I am going to play around there. Come back to check out the latest pics!

So how did this idea of going to Japan come about? Well, it was when Jo, Mike and I had a trip to Tahoe for their engagement pictures (and snowboarding). They told me that they are going to Japan at the end of this year to have a wedding dinner with Mike's family. At that time, I was purely joking around with them that they should take me along in their suitcase. We laughed and Jo said it was a good idea.

After their wedding, one day, Jo emailed and told me about an idea they have. The idea was to have me in Japan with them, doing pictures for their dinner AND shoot around Japan. She asked in the email whether I was interested. INTERESTED??? My god! I was THRILLED. It was such a great opportunity for me to be able to shoot in Tokyo AND hang out with this fun couple. I didn't have any doubt that this is going to be fun, adventurous and silly all at the same time.

We will be gone for 10 days...but I hope there's internet access at our Japan apartment that I can continue to blog and update you all!

Sayonara for now!!

4 comments:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Moshi moshi... hope you have fun in Japan! Can't wait to see photos...

yuejai said...

lucky you! you will have a blast there! can't wait to see the pics you take in japan! :)

Anonymous said...

schweet. must be nice to be augie!

GO TRAVELING "Get Up! Go Traveling!" said...

Sugoi!!!!
Hey Augie! We're Julien's relatives.
You took amazing shots of my son as the ring bearer last year. We absolutely love your photography! Total fans! Can't wait to see Japan shots.