Augie Chang Photography: First hour of a new life

Friday, December 04, 2009

First hour of a new life

Mike and Joella were my wedding clients, but quickly became one of my closest friends. If you remember, I traveled to the rural part of Japan with these guys to document their trip.

This year, they are pregnant with a little girl. Time flew by and yesterday was their little Maesyn's birthday. We agreed to document the birthing process and as promised, they kept me posted throughout the day. I was at a shoot in San Jose but I was only 35 mins away from the hospital.

After 16 hrs of labor, doctor decided the best option at that moment was to perform a c-section. At the end, we all welcomed the beautiful little Maesyn to Mike and Joella's lives.

Below is a documentary of Maesyn's first hour of life ... enjoy!















Enjoy their slideshow:






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Going through natural delivery (which ended as a c-section), it was hard to look past the pain and just focus on the moment. Seeing this two days after, the labor process started sinking in and brought me tears of joy in sincere appreciation for my loving husband, our new daughter, our great friends and family, and all the doctors and nurses who supported us through the entire experience - THANK YOU Augie for capturing this life-altering moment for us! You're amazing.
- Mama Jo.